Wednesday 21 August 2013

LIKE SQUEEZING BLOG FROM A STONE

Just some of the garbage that spills out of my head
The other day I tried to explain what blogging was to a group of Hibiscus Coast widows.

I didn't just randomly wander around town looking for older ladies without husbands on the off-chance they might be interested in what I had to say. I'd been invited to speak to them at their 12th anniversary meeting. Whether they'd expected me to rave on about blogging once I got there is a question for debate, but that didn't stop me raving on anyway.

I asked how many of them knew what blogging was. Approximately 2 and a half people raised their hands. Of those 2 and a half, one was the guy who was there to play the guitar, one was probably wanting to ask me why I was talking about blogging instead of what it's like to work with Paul Holmes and Mike Hosking and the half was my mother in law, who I think was only there to cheer me on, so she doesn't really count.

Anyway, what I told them blogging was is this; "What happens when someone unloads the contents of their head directly onto the internet."

Unfortunately for you, today I literally have nothing to write about, so today I will do exactly what I told those widows bloggers generally do. Here's what's in my head...

Why is there a One Direction movie? Why is it called, "This Is Us"? For that matter, why is there One Direction? What kind of groundbreaking technology had to be developed to film 1-D in THREE-D?

Should we be worried Fukushima is still leaking?

Is Russia in denial? Seriously, the whole country seems to be so vehemently and outspokenly against the idea of homosexuality, I'm beginning to think they're all gay and just can't accept it. Don't fight it, Russia. Follow your hearts. It's cold. There's vodka. Love the one you're with.

How quickly I would have died if I'd been the missing skier on Treble Cone. Apparently he kept himself alive by doing exercises to stop falling asleep. Hate exercise. Love sleep. I would have been screwed.

Hey, all the people who keep telling everyone to stop booing Quade Cooper... stop telling everyone to stop booing Quade Cooper. You're having no effect whatsoever. You may even be making it worse. In fact, he got really, really booed again when he came on last Saturday night, and that was in Sydney. The Sydney in Australia. The Australia he actually plays for.

He is a bit of a dick though.

What lolly would I change my last name to if I could? If you haven't heard, Maria Sharapova wants to be called Maria SUGARpova for the U.S. Open to promote her sweet shops. Can't decide between glennzb M&Ms (all the letters sound funny when you say them all at once) or GlennGums. Just call me Party Mix for short.

Why isn't there any yachting today? They were supposed to do 2 yesterday because they were supposed to do 2 the day before and 2 the day before that but only did 1 on all those days and now they're still 1 behind. According to my schedule, they've got to do 2 tomorrow. Given they haven't managed to do 2 on any day yet, seems like 3 would be a big ask. To be honest, I find 1 race a day is too many, so I don't know what I'm complaining about.

Just checked with someone and she assures me that last paragraph did indeed make sense. Or at least as much sense as anything else that's going on on San Francisco Bay right now.

Lastly, is this week's glennzb Glog reading a little bit too much like glennzb's Silly Six-Pack? And if it is, will that mean I won't have anything to write about on Saturday? So many questions. Not enough answers. I'll try harder next week, I promise.


An artist's impression of the inside of my brain.
Not very accurate, there's much less in there

No comments:

Post a Comment